The Rotary Club of (downtown) Salem is currently accepting applications for “Hand’s On” service projects in our community which could be completed between September 2020 and June 2021. These projects can typically be completed in one 2-3 hour visit to the volunteer location. Please note, these are not monetary grants, but rather an opportunity for our Rotary members to provide voluntary labor services for the betterment of our community. Service projects will be granted to local organizations that directly or indirectly promote the health, education, and general welfare of people who live in Salem and surrounding areas.
If you or your organization would like to be considered for this program, please send the following information regarding your project to Adam Kohler at email@example.com including:
- The name of your organization and all appropriate contact information
- The date of the proposed project (a window of time would be most beneficial)
- The nature of the proposed project (brevity is appreciated – we will follow up for details)
- The anticipated number of volunteers needed (a “best guess” is ok)
- Any other relevant information
After receiving your information, a Rotarian will follow up with your organization to gather the necessary details about the project. Each application will be evaluated in terms of how it fits within the abilities/focus/schedule/etc. of the Club and its members. After each project is reviewed, all applicants will receive follow up communication regarding the acceptance or declination of said project and the tentative schedule for completion if the project is chosen.