Each year, our club awards several $500 – $1,500 grants to deserving non-profit organizations in our community. Eligible projects include those that directly or indirectly foster, develop, promote, and encourage the health, education, and the general welfare of primarily youth in the city of Salem and the surrounding area.
2021 – 2022 Grant Recipients – $10,000 Awarded!
- Center for Hope & Safety: $1500 to provide mattresses for children and adults moving into their own homes after leaving an abusive partner.
- Capital Futbol Club: $1500 to recreational soccer players ages 3-14 in the Salem area not covered by the City of Salem’s Youth Recreation Access grant.
- Salem Youth Symphony Association: $1500 for music tuition assistance for 25-30 local youth.
- Salem Public Library Foundation: $1500 for its new “Book4Kids” literacy outreach program targeting youth ages 0 – 18.
- Capital Swimming: $1500 to provide swim equipment and basic supplies for its needs-based scholarship program.
- Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency: $1000 to build and equip an in-house gym for it youth population.
- Boys & Girls Club: $1500 to purchase quality backpacks and school supplies for local youth in need.
- Lord & Schryver Conservancy: $500 to provide a free, hands-on horticulture and natural science educational program for local youth.